Insurance Claim Phone Numbers
Progressive – 1.877.776.2436
Foremost – 800.527.3907
St. Johns – 1.800.748.2030
The Hartford - 800.243.5860
Universal Property & Casualty – 1.800.425.9113
I Have Been in an Accident – What do I do?
Call one of the insurance claim phone numbers above. Or you may submit a claim electronically on the insurance company’s website:
This is what to expect when you file an auto accident claim:
1. Call your insurance company at one of the insurance claim phone numbers above.
If and when it’s safe to do so, call us from the scene of the accident. Take a few minutes to calm your nerves. Take a couple of deep breaths. By calling us right away, the sooner we can begin to help you.
Be ready to provide the following:
- When did the accident occur?
- Where did the accident occur?
- What other vehicles were involved, including the year, make and model?
- Provide a description of the damage on each vehicle
- How did the accident happen?
- The names and contact information of everyone involved in the accident
- The injuries of any people involved in the accident
- The names and contact information of witnesses to the accident
- The name of the police department that responded and the accident report
The insurance company can arrange to have your car towed from the scene of the accident if you have collision coverage.
After you report your claim, the claims representative will provide you with a claim number. Then an adjuster will contact you within one business day to discuss the next step. The adjuster will also explain what your insurance policy covers and to answer any questions.
2. Estimates and Repairs
Get an Estimate. Get It Fixed.
3. Track Your Claim