Home Insurance Spartanburg SC
Select Source Insurance Represents Many National and Competitive Insurance Companies
Why get a quote from an agent who only represents one company?
Live in a house, apartment, or condo?
Select Source Insurance is here to help you find the right insurance for your home. Are you a homeowner, condo owner, a renter, or a landlord? Select Source Insurance will work with you. We will help you find a home insurance policy that fits your needs. We make it easy to choose the insurance coverage that gives you the best value for the best price.
Your home insurance policy is most often made up of the specific options you choose. How much you’ll pay for your policy depends on:
- What you choose. Home insurance options are priced individually. How much you’ll pay for your policy depends on what coverages you buy.
- How much you want to cover. Higher deductibles usually make your premium price lower by shifting part of the loss payment to you. For example, if you had a $1000 deductible, you would be responsible for paying the first $1000 of the covered loss.
- Where you set your limits. You may decide to choose higher limits than the recommended amount if it applies to your needs and situation. Home Insurance Spartanburg SC
- Concerned you aren’t completely covered? Think about choosing an umbrella policy that extends your coverage.
The Right Policy. The Right Price. The Right Value
The amount you pay for your homeowners insurance Spartanburg SC depends on several factors. Think of your personal home and personal assets you want to protect.
Protecting Your Home
Home insurance typically pays to repair or rebuild your home if it is destroyed or damaged. Homes can be damaged by an insured event like a hurricane or kitchen fire.
Protecting You and Others
Personal liability coverage applies if others are injured or their property is destroyed or damaged and you are responsible. The coverage typically applies anywhere in the world.
When deciding your home insurance Spartanburg SC liability insurance limits, think of your annual income and the assets you own. Your personal liability insurance should be high enough to protect your assets if you are sued.
See What Our Clients Are Saying About US
M Abernathy 5 STARS 4 weeks ago-
G Red 5 STARS
Doug Stockman with Select Source Insurance Group was excellent to work with. I was shopping for insurance quotes due to high increases from one insurance company and out of seven quotes, Doug was able to find the best coverage for the lowest prices from a reputable company. Doug also took the time to make sure I understood the differences in coverages as well as made it easy for me to review as I was shopping policies. When it comes to insurance, you want someone you can trust and I was able to find that with Doug at Select Source.
Make sure you know:
- Will your insurance company stand behind agreed upon repairs after a claim? Some companies are willing to put this guarantee in writing.
- Does your policy include replacement cost coverage for contents (clothing, furniture, appliances, and other personal property inside your home)? If not, you can add it by endorsement. The cost is small, and the protection is valuable. Replacement Cost Coverage pays for losses to your possessions at the cost of brand new items. Without this option, a covered loss to your items would be depreciated by their age and condition. This reduces the size of your claim settlement.
If you have an art collection, antique furniture, jewelry, or other valuables, talk to your agent. Extra coverages, such as fine arts or scheduled property endorsements may be needed to adequately protect your items. The cost is modest for the extra protection, and often the deductible is waived.
Consider whether you should have more coverage for personal property (contents) than your policy provides. Personal property coverage is usually 70% of the coverage limit for the structure. Your limit may be lower than 70%. Supplemental protection is available for a small additional premium.
Inventory your home for home insurance Spartanburg SC. Prepare an inventory of personal property items, update it periodically. Keep it in a safe place outside your home, such as a safe deposit box at your bank. It will save you hours of time trying to list everything damaged or destroyed if you need to make a claim. It will also help ensure you don’t forget some items. Preparing a personal property inventory such as videotaping each room with descriptive information on the sound track is helpful.
Besides making sure you have enough protection to cover possible damage to your own home and contents, you should also look at your exposure to liability risks. These result from damage to the property of another, or injury to a person, not a member of your household. You can be responsible.
In recent years it’s become common for homeowners to be sued for injuries or damages to others. This can happen even when there is no evidence of negligence by the homeowner. The reality today is if you have any appreciable assets, you are exposed to the risk of being sued. Even if you ultimately prevail in court, your legal fees and the months or years of worry and uncertainty can be a terrible burden on you and your family.
The Personal Liability coverage provided by your Homeowners Policy usually provides a limit of $100,000 or $300,000. We recommend increasing this protection with a personal umbrella policy. Not only will it increase your personal liability, but also your auto liability. Limits are available from $1 million to $10 million and beyond. The cost of this coverage is usually very reasonable.
Keep in mind that South Carolina can require certain minimum levels of coverage. The right coverage for you is unique – Select Source Insurance today to find out how to get the best price and value on home insurance for you.
Select Source Insurance
481 S Pine St
Spartanburg SC 29302
Home Insurance Spartanburg SC